Salon des avocats
Administrative services ensure that the Section’s affairs are properly managed. Their functions include the following :
- See to the execution of the Council’s decisions;
- Manage current affairs;
- Administer the funds of the Section and manage the budgets of the Section;
- Deal with requests for conciliation submitted by advocates who accept legal aid mandates;
- Provide support and assistance to the Bâtonnier and the members of the Council;
- Provide the support needed by some thirty (30) committees;
- Operate the Salon des avocats, for the benefit of members;
- Organize and manage a Referral Service for the public.
And, in cooperation with the appropriate committees :
- They organize the Rentrée judiciaire and the group swearing-in ceremony;
- They contribute to the organization of activities developed for the public;
- They deal with complaints of illegal practice submitted under the Act respecting the Barreau;
- They offer recognized activities as part of the Mandatory continuing education program.